Mr. Kay Domke, Division Manager Dynamics & Acoustics, has been appointed to the Seakeeping Committee of the ITTC for the 30th period of the International Towing Tank Conference. Tasks include consideration of the interim guidelines for determining the minimum propulsion power required to maintain the maneuverability of ships in adverse conditions in accordance with MEPC.1/Circ.850/ Rev.2. The Seeping Committee is composed of scientists from all continents and is primarily concerned with the behavior of ships in sea states. SVA is pleased with Mr. Domke for this honorable appointment.
On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the cavitation tunnel of SVA Potsdam, we publish a series of articles (partly in German) on cavitation research from the archives of SVA.
- (April 14th, 2021) “Gutsche 1956, Kavitationsprobleme an Schiffsschrauben”
- (April 19th, 2021) “Gutsche 1959, Düsenpropeller in Theorie und Experiment”
- (April 22nd, 2021) “Gutsche 1962, Der Einfluss der Kavitation auf die Profileigenschaften von Propellerblattschnitten”
- (April 26th, 2021) “Gutsche 1964, Untersuchung von Schiffsschrauben in schräger Anströmung”
- (April 29th, 2021) “Schröder 1967, Wirkungsgrad von Düsenpropellern mit unterschiedlicher Düsen-und Propellerform”
- (May 3rd, 2021) “Edel 1971, Zum Entwurf gegenläufiger Propeller nach der Theorie von Lerbs”
- (May 6th, 2021) “Schmidt 1972, Einfluss der Reynoldszahl und der Rauhigkeit auf die Propellercharakteristik”
- (May 11th, 2021) “Dörp 1974, Propeller mit voller Saugseitenkavitation”
- (May 14th, 2021) “Mehmel 1979, Meßeinrichtung für den Kavitationskanal zur Ermittlung der vom Propeller ausgehenden Druckimpulse”
- (May 17th, 2021) “Wagner, Mehmel 1980, Entwicklung von Propellern mit guten Gebrauchseigenschaften”
- (May, 21st, 2021) “Georgijewskaja, Mawljudow, Mehmel 1981, Methode zur Vorhersage der Kavitationserosion an Schiffspropellern”
- (May 25th, 2021) “Mehmel 1983, Einfluss von Flügelgeometrie und Nachstrom auf die Druckimpulse”
- (May 28th, 2021) “Selke 1983, Erprobung der großen Messstrecke des Kavitationstunnels K15A der SVA”
- (May 31st, 2021) “Schröder 1984, Modellversuche an Propellern für Querstrahlruder”
- (June 7th, 2021) “Selke 1984, Bestimmung der hydrodynamischen Flügelverstellmomente von Verstellpropellern”
- (June 10th, 2021) “Haimov, Gerchev, Schmidt 1986, Belastungsschwankungen am Propeller eines Frachtschiffes mit großem Propeller”
- (June 14th, 2021) “Schmidt 1987, Propellererregte Druckschwankungen an Frachtschiffen mit großen langsamlaufenden Propellern”
- (June 17th, 2021) “Böer, Selke, Junglewitz 1990, Einsatz der LDA-Messtechnik bei hydrodynamischen Untersuchungen am Kavitationstunnel”
- (June 21st, 2021) “Selke, Heinke 1990, Propelleruntersuchungen im Kavitationstunnel der Schiffbau-Versuchsanstalt Potsdam”
- (June 24th, 2021) “Schmidt, Selke, Gerchev 1992, Prediction of Propeller-Induced Pressure Pulses”
- (June 28th, 2021) “Abdel-Maksoud et. al. 1995, Numerische Berechnung der viskosen Strömung um einen rotierenden Propeller”
- (July 1st, 2021) “Heinke, Philipp 1995, Development of a Skew Blade Shape for a Ducted CPP”
- (July 5th, 2021) “Schulze 1995, Das Propeller Entwurfs- und Optimierungskonzept der SVA”
- (July 8th, 2021) “Schulze 1997, Globale Optimierung von Propellern”
- (July 12th, 2021) “Bertelo, Schulze, et.al. 1998, LIUTO Development and Optimisation of the Propulsion System”
- (July 15th, 2021) “Bohm, Jürgens 1998, Linear-Jet – A Propulsion System for fast Ships”
- (July 19th, 2021) “Abdel-Maksoud, Heinke 1999, Viscous Flow Around Modern Propulsion Systems”
- (July 22nd, 2021) “Heinke 2000, Untersuchung von Schicht-, Blasen- und Wolkenkavitation und der damit verbundenen Erosionsprobleme”
- (July 25th, 2021) “Kaul, Heinke, Maksoud 2000, Hydrodynamische Optimierung von Podded Drives”
- (July 29th, 2021) “Heinke, Abdel-Maksoud 2001, Untersuchung der Umströmung von Düsenpropellern”
- (August 2nd, 2021) “Heinke 2001, Podded drives for navy ships”
- (August 5th, 2021) “Abdel-Maksoud, Heinke 2002, Scale Effects on Ducted Propellers”
- (August 9th, 2021) “Abdel-Maksoud 2003, Numerical and Experimental Study of Cavitation Behaviour of a Propeller”
- (August 12th, 2021) “Heinke 2004, Investigations about the Forces and Moments at Podded Drives”
- (August 16th, 2021) “Maksoud et al. 2004, Numerical and Experimental Investigation of the Hub Vortex Flow of a Marine Propeller”
- (August 19th, 2021) “Heinke, Rieck, Steinwand 2005, Hocheffektive Ruder”
- (August 23rd, 2021) “Jürgens, Heinke 2006, Untersuchung tiefgetauchter Waterjets”
- (August 26th, 2021) “Anschau, Mach 2007, A Stereo PIV System for Investigations of Flow Fields in Towing Tank and Cavitation Tunnel”
- (August 30th, 2021) “Anschau, Lamprecht, Mach, Rieck 2007, Numerische und experimentelle Untersuchung eines Propellers in 4 Quadranten”
- (September 2nd, 2021) “Mertes, Heinke 2008, Aspects of design procedure for Propellers Providing Maximum Bollard Pull”
- (September 6th, 2021) “Heinke, Schulze, Steinwand 2009, SVA High-Speed Propeller Series”
- (September 9th, 2021) “Jürgens, Heinke 2009, Voith Schneider Propeller (VSP) – Investigations of the cavitation behaviour”
- (September 10th, 2021) “Rieck, et al. 2009, Druckschwankungen höherer Ordnung am Hinterschiff”
- (September 13th, 2021) “Heinke, Hellwig-Rieck 2011, Investigation of Scale Effects on Ships with a WED or VGF”
- (September 14th, 2021) “Schulze, Weber 2011, The new FORTJES Z-drive from REINTJES with contra rotating propellers”
- (September 15th, 2021) “Kleinwächter, Hellwig-Rieck, Heinke 2015, PIV as a Novel Full-Scale Measurement Technique in Cavitation Research”
- (September 16th, 2021) “Berger, Klose 2016, Efficient Numerical Investigation of Propeller Cavitation Phenomena causing Higher-Order Hull Pressure Fluctuations”
- (September 17th, 2021) “Schulze 2016, A new friction correction method for open water characteristics of propellers”
- (September 20th, 2021) “Kleinsorge, Klose 2017, Case Study for the Determination of Propeller Emitted Noise by Experimental and Computational Methods”
- (September 21st, 2021) “Klose, Schulze, Hellwig-Rieck 2017, Investigation of Prediction Methods for Tip Rake Propellers”
- (September 22nd, 2021) “Viitanen, Lübke, Klose et al. 2017, CFD and CHA simulation of underwater noise induced by a marine propeller in two-phase flows”
- (September 23rd, 2021) “Schulze 2018, Analyse des Hochfrequenzspektrums von Propellergeräuschen zur Detektion von Kavitationserosion”
Dear customers and visitors of the Potsdam Model Basin,
your health and safety as well as ours have the highest priority during this time of the coronavirus. At the Potsdam Model Basin we have taken the necessary measures and some of us are teleworking. Experiments are being conducted unhindered with all necessary hygiene requirements in place. As before the Potsdam Model Basin remains open for all urgent customer visits. We do request however that for your safety and for ours, all non-urgent or unnecessary visits should be rescheduled or conducted via teleconference. For those partners whose experiments we are conducting and who do not wish to or cannot visit us, we will document the experiments and make the results available on our FTP server using a variety of media including video.
Please ensure that you only visit the Potsdam Model Basin if you feel completely healthy, are not coming from a risk area, and that you have not had contact with an infected person. Please adhere to the relevant suggestions of the Robert Koch Institute.
The Potsdam Model Basin thanks you for your understanding. Stay healthy!
Dr. Christian Masilge
September, 20th saw a high rank visit from the German Bundestag at SVA Potsdam in the course of the “ZUSE-TAG REGIONAL” event. Please read the full article (in German only) here.
The ship overall length is 75 m with a moulded breadth of 17 m at a design draught of 5 m. It must be emphasized that ATAIR will be the first seagoing LNG driven ship of the German Federal Administration. The propeller has to fulfill the Silent-R classification requirements of DNV GL and was developed by SVA Potsdam. Both cavitation tests and pressure pulse measurements showed that the propeller design will meet these requirements.
The new ATAIR will replace the 30 years old precursor ship and will be put into service in 2020.
The services and the quality of our company have an impact on the successful business activities of our customers. Since 1995, SVA Potsdam GmbH has been following an ISO DIN EN 9001 certified quality management system.
Once again this year, DNV GL Business Assurance Zertifizierung & Umweltgutachter GmbH approved the successful application of our QM system to research, development and services in the area of hydrodynamics. The certificate can be viewed here.
Our company also operates as a DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 certified test laboratory (DAkkS certificate No. D-PL-15182-01-00). The certification covers the measurement of moving and non-moving objects in steady and unsteady water flows, the measurement of forces, moments and rotational speeds of rotating objects in water and fixed objects subjected to a water flow. The expertise of the test laboratory for this kind of measurements were once again approved by Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle (DAkkS) in November 2017.